Tuesday 11 October 2016

25mm Medieval game at WAR

25mm Medieval game at WAR 28/9/2016
Mike and myself wanted a change so  we came up with 25mm Medieval so far so good now I have a few games of Lion Rampant . But here's the rub I do not have a set as yet of mine own .
No problem Mike has a one set of rules not Lion Rampant . he tells me that he has not used then for some time . Think the night starting to go down hill .
We have a table with just two houses on it let's keep it simple .
Set out my side with lots of hope with my new lone bow man just painted a few weeks ago  I also have a block of Knits and two blocks of sergeants Mike has the same but also some mounted knights .
Mike asked have I a general yes in the box at home no problem i'll use Robin hood and his merry men .
We do not take it to seriously as you can see we are to old to play one upmanship and having fun at the table is the main point of having a game.
Now for the rules the set is 40 plus years old ok it the only one we have so we make do with them .
We have 6 moves with them and my army with more figures is losing badly. Over the game three of the lads come over to watch the game now Mike is using some small dice six sided ones we have a good laugh on how many time they through 6  time and time again . I know Mike not cheating .
On the last move  my army at the table edge and to say it's not going to well . On this move I can hit anything or kill any of Mike army .Mike then said I think I know what we are doing wrong with these rules . All 4 of us could not stop laughing anyway it's 1030 and time to pack up .
Must try out the SAGA rules I got for Christmas .
Some of Mike's figures are Garrison and Lamming
Looking from my side Robin Hood my C in C Mike in the Red jumper and James . My heavy infantry in Wimbledon colours
 Some of Mike's older figures
 Jeff keeping an eye on Mike Dice for me
 
Some of the new Perry's long bow man I got at Devizes show before I boxed them up to take on the night






 

No comments:

Post a Comment